Gabe’s Chemo Duck Program strives to offer a variety of tools to child life specialists and social workers’ that can be used not only to educate your patients, but also to break the ice with shy or reticent little ones.
We have compiled all of our activities into one special area for kids so you can share the fun and games with your families. We encourage families, child life specialists and social workers to register for an account so we can keep you updated when we add new printable sheets.
If you have any ideas or suggestions for fun or exciting ways to use the printable activities please feel free to share them so we can pass them along to your colleagues!
Here is a suggestion for a GREAT way to use our cut out dolls
- Magnetic printer sheets (available at most office stores)
- Magnetic display board
- Print pages 2 through 7 on magnetic sheets
- Spray the sheets on the printed side with a light spray of hairspray to fix the images
- Cut out the pictures with scissors
- Use an envelope or other pouch stuck to the back of the magnetic board to store the pieces.
Have fun with the kids creating scenes on the magnetic board with your patients!
We understand that many hospitals are relying on Gabe’s Chemo Duck Program to provide Chemo Ducks to the children at their hospital. While we do our very best to provide as many Chemo Ducks as possible at no cost, it is impossible to keep up with the demand. We are committed to providing huggable hope to children living with cancer. By working together, we can ensure that every child you care for receives their very own Chemo Duck companion and has some comfort during what can be a very challenging time for families. We look forward to strengthening our relationship with you and to finding creative ways to grow your program and connect you with potential donors.
Please see the suggestions listed below and consider how we can make the most out of Gabe’s Chemo Duck Program at your hospital:
- Assist all Chemo Duck patients and families with an introduction to the program and online registration
- Identify appropriate organizations, businesses and individuals for potential sponsorship opportunities
- Encourage families to take advantage of our free online resources
- Promote Gabe’s Chemo Duck Program on your website and via social media
- Spread the word about our partnership in your hospital newsletter and through a press release to your local media